Work for Charleston’s Oldest Family-Owned Security Company
We are constantly hiring alarm technicians and central station monitoring personnel. Earn top pay, retirement, and 100% paid health insurance! All job applicants should reply to email@example.com.
Job Skills Required
- Solid technical skills and experience related to building automation systems, fire alarm systems, and/or electronic security systems
- Solid programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper)
- Frequent visits to jobsites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required. Valid driver’s license required.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple service needs simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Responds to a variety of customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency and after-hours calls on a timely basis; will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug a variety of systems for more complicated problems; installs projects as necessary.
- Identifies and resolves problems for most types of service calls including emergency calls; analyzes repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed; exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. May require originality and ingenuity in some situations.
- Completes accurate and detailed service reports in a timely manner to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
- Executes all service calls in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses well-developed troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Provides technical support to end users and field labor when applicable. Seeks technical guidance from more experienced staff for difficult and unusual situations.
- Using technical knowledge, skills and experience, may act as mentor for less experienced staff. May supervise workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Central Station Monitor
Monitor alarm signals and respond to alarms using the information provided on instruction screens.
- Places necessary outgoing calls to verify an alarm, dispatch the proper authorities, and notify responsible parties.
- Needs the ability to remain calm and speak clearly to customers.
- Properly document all responses for the alarm within the alarm monitoring software.
- Other duties to be assigned as needed.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of one year customer service or call center experience.
- Fluent in English – additional language a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions including Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to type 20 Wpm minimum.
- Candidates must possess strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- High School Diploma or preferably Associate’s degree.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Reliable work ethic.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Needs the ability to prioritize.
- Needs the ability to work independently or as a team member.
Alarm Technician Trainee
Learn the Alarm Business from the bottom up. We currently have limited space available in our proven training system for an entry level employee. An open mind and great work ethic will propel you thru our system. Learn how to install, service and maintain today's state of the art security and fire systems. Successful completion of our program will lead to a job as an Alarm Technician with Great Benefits and Top Pay.